The One Road: Hints
- You can’t just run through the game.
- Encounters are based on location.
- You have to buy a sword or a spell before you face a gremlin (if your attack power isn’t higher than 3, you won’t damage it).
- Potions are cheap. The humble potato is even cheaper, but by the time you get it you don’t need it—unless you are on “impossible” difficulty, in which case, buy potatoes.
- If you use an item outside of battle, you can raise your HP or MP above the maximum. I’m not going to fix this one.
Console Tricks and Cheats
state.hp = 500; state.gp = 1000; fight('D', 'boss'); // fight the boss at level 12 main.screen.end(true); // win current battle
fight() command takes a character preset and an encounter name. The four presets are
D. The encounter names are
boss. Using the
fight() command will overwrite your current game.