I Want to Help Fight the Demon Overlord, but I’m Just an Intern!
A demo made for JS13K in September 2019. Placed #39 overall. A solo effort by Dietrich Epp.
- WASD or arrow keys to move. The game should correctly handle alternative keyboard layouts (e.g. ZQSD with a French layout).
- Space or Control to attack or interact with NPCs.
- Click on menu items.
The loading screen takes a while (like 30 seconds). The game is generating sound effects and music during the loading screen.
- The ending screen was cut for space. If you see the “Finally! What took you so long?” message, then you have finished the game.
- Talk to the quest-giver in the starting area (east). Your mission is to go back to town (west) and get potions.
- Go two screens west to town. There is a townperson in the buildings, who tells you that the apothecary went north. The townperson may be hard to find, since they can clip through buildings.
- The apothecary is in the north area, at the northeast corner. They say that they dropped their potions to the south.
- The south area has three potions. Once you collect them all, return to the starting area in the west.
Written in TypeScript, using WebGL for graphics. The build system is a steaming hot mess, as you would expect for a demo.