Gems of LD #22
, Ludum Dare, Review
With less than 10 hours left for judging, I want to share some of the gems of LD #22: games I enjoyed from the fraction that I actually got to play. In mathematically random order, they are:
- Snow , an adventure with an eerie atmosphere and multiple endings, puzzles easy but fun.
- Never Alone Hotline , a wacky game where you answer the phone.
- Mischief! You're a kitty that tears up the furniture for points, wanted it to be longer. Needs ratings.
- 5 Days , it's 3D and atmospheric, has a great intro scene and short, another popular one.
- Busy King , nails "alone" in a different way, has solid gameplay.
- Do NOT Hug Me! It has never been so satisfying to hit someone with a broom.
- Party Quest , fantasy adventure parody with some dark humor, the joke is on you.
- Last Breath , a touching platformer which you've probably played already.
- TransDimensional Moon Rift , a 3D adventure with a crazed protagonist.
- Alone with... things! Magically animate furniture and ride your chair like a horse.
- The Darkness You Wander Alone , a very old school platformer, a bit hard for me.
- Rover's Spirit , you've seen XKCD 695, good sounds, Martian landscape, needs more ratings.
- Relativity , an innovative puzzle with a software 3D engine written from scratch.
- Companion , cubes were never so cute, more of a toy than a game but you should play anyway.
- The Best Of Us , a shooter AND platformer with the cheesiest voice-overs.